Emily Waugh is a shareholder with the firm and has over 30 years of experience in business and commercial law. She regularly advises clients in a wide array of business and financial matters. She has represented utility companies, health care providers, and other businesses in connection with loans from private and public lenders. She has negotiated and prepared contracts for the purchase and sale of various types of services and products (including hardware and software technology), dealership contracts, commercial leases, joint venture agreements, employment agreements, and other types of business contracts. She has advised both financial institutions and borrowers about loan documents, secured transactions and contracts for other financial products. In addition, she has handled acquisitions and sales of businesses in multiple sectors, including the aviation, agricultural, health care, automobile, and beer industries.
Emily is also experienced in health care law. She has structured and negotiated health care relationships involving medical group practices, surgery centers, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, and individual physicians of most specialties. She has counseled clients about fraud and abuse matters, physician employment contracts, third-party payor contracts, and different types of health care contracts.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Professional & Community Involvement
- Past Director and Treasurer, Tallahassee Bar Association
- Past Director and Secretary, Tallahassee Legal Aid Foundation, Inc.
- Business Law Section and Health Law Section, American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Leadership Tallahassee Class II; Past Chair, Board of Governors
- Trustee, City of Tallahassee Friends of our Parks Foundation
- Trustee, Leon High School Foundation
- Trustee, Leon County Library Foundation
- Past Chair, Duke University Alumni Admissions Committee
- Past Director and Secretary, Florida Tennis Association
- Past member of Olympic Committee and Grievance Committee, United States Tennis Association
- Past Director, Tallahassee Sports Council
- A. B. (economics), cum laude, Duke University 1978
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida 1981
- University of Florida Law Review
- Phi Delta Phi
- The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.