Gerry Thomas is a shareholder with the firm and practices a broad range of real estate and lending law. Gerry is board certified by The Florida Bar in the area of Real Estate and "AV" rated by the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory. Board certification is The Florida Bar’s highest level of evaluation and denotes “Legal Expert” status. He represents commercial sellers, buyers, landlords, tenants, developers and lenders in transactions involving real property, including the sale, lease, development and financing of offices, shopping centers, apartment complexes, condominiums (residential, mixed-use and commercial), residential subdivisions, agricultural land, hotels, and other real property. Gerry also regularly advises clients on Article 9 secured transactions, construction contracts, distressed asset acquisitions and dispositions, loan workouts and restructurings, and condominium and property owner association law.
Before joining the firm, Gerry practiced law for a large firm in Tampa, Florida. Before law school, Gerry worked in the business consulting division of a global professional services firm in Tampa, Florida.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Tallahassee Bar Association
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Environmental & Land Use Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2010-2011 and 2016
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 37
- J.D., with honors, Florida State University, 1999
- B.S., Management Information Systems, Florida State University, 1993
- Phi Delta Phi
- Member, Florida State University Law Review
- The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.