David J. Weiss
David Weiss focuses his practice on land use and real estate law, representing financial institutions, commercial clients and government entities in a variety of matters, including administrative proceedings.
David Weiss, a shareholder with the firm, focuses his practice in the areas of land use, real estate, business law, government, and related commercial litigation.
David regularly advises clients in a wide variety of business and financial matters. He represents lending institutions and other commercial and governmental clients in matters related to contracts, loan transactions, real estate, planning, zoning and land use law.
David’s representation of clients includes appearances before and representation of agencies and local government boards and commissions, as well as civil litigation and administrative proceedings.
David formerly served as the County Attorney for a small county in north Florida.
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Admitted to Practice
- United States Court of Federal Claims, Admitted to Practice
- J.D., magna cum laude, Florida State University College of Law
Certificate of Environmental & Land Use Law, magna cum laude, Florida State University College of Law
- Florida State University College of Law, Order of the Coif
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
B.S in Finance, cum laude, University of Florida
- Alpha Tau Omega, Alpha Omega Chapter
- Florida Golden Key Honor Society
- Administrative Law and Government Affairs
- Construction Law
- Government Contracts and Bid Protests
- Land Use, Zoning & Environmental Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate and Lending
- Leadership Florida, Member, 2015 - Present
- Leadership Tallahassee, Member, 2018 - Present
- Urban Land Institute, North Florida Capital Region, Board Member, 2019 - Present
- Keep Tallahassee Beautiful, Board Member, 2012 – Present
- The Tallahassee Leon Shelter, Volunteer, 2008 – Present
- Florida State College of Law Real Estate Society, Mentor, 2012
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
Awards & Recognition
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Multiple Years
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, Multiple Years