Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate law, Gerry represents commercial sellers, buyers, landlords, tenants, developers and lenders in a variety of real estate transactions.
Gerald "Gerry" Thomas is a shareholder and member of the Management Committee of Ausley McMullen. Gerry focuses his practice on real estate and lending law. He is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in the area of Real Estate which is considered the Bar’s highest level of evaluation and denotes “Legal Expert” status.
Gerry represents commercial sellers, buyers, landlords, tenants, developers and lenders in transactions involving real property, including the sale, lease, development and financing of offices, shopping centers, apartment complexes, condominiums (residential, mixed-use and commercial), residential subdivisions, agricultural land, hotels, and other real property. He also regularly advises clients on Article 9 secured transactions, construction contracts, distressed asset acquisitions and dispositions, loan workouts and restructurings, and condominium and property owner association law.
Prior to joining the firm, Gerry practiced law for a large firm in Tampa, Florida. Before law school, he worked in the business consulting division of a global professional services firm.
- Representation of buyers, sellers and developers in the acquisition, sale, financing, exchange, development and leasing of commercial real property projects throughout Florida
- Representation of buyers and sellers in the acquisition, sale, financing, exchange and leasing of large real property acreage tracts throughout Florida
- Representation of financial institutions in acquisition and construction finance transactions for commercial real property projects secured by various types of collateral throughout Florida
- Representation of cooperative utility companies in multi-million-dollar financing transactions involving real and personal property collateral located in multiple Florida counties
- Representation of financial institutions in bank-to-bank transactions including loan participation and loan pool purchases and sales
- Acting as closing and title agent in commercial financing transactions secured by real property and non-real property assets located in multiple counties throughout Florida
- Acting as closing and title agent in acquisition and sale of commercial real property and acreage tracts throughout Florida
- Representation of health care provider groups in transactions involving the sale of health care practice entity interests and assets.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1999
Florida State University, B.S., 1993, Management Information Systems
- Phi Delta Phi
- Member, Florida State University Law Review
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Tallahassee Bar Association
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Environmental & Land Use Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 37
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2010-2011, 2016 and 2022