Virginia L. Ponder
A former Deputy Staff Director for the Senate Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee and Associate Public Counsel for the Office of Public Counsel, Virginia Ponder can strategically represent clients in regulated industries in administrative proceedings, litigation and appeals.
Virginia Ponder is a shareholder at Ausley McMullen and is a member of the firm’s utility law team. Virginia represents regulated industries such as utilities and telecommunications in administrative proceedings, litigation and appeals. Virginia has experience in public records law and general government law including transactional and regulatory matters. Additionally, she has experience in civil litigation and intellectual property law.
Prior to joining the firm, Virginia served as Attorney and Deputy Staff Director for the Senate Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee. Prior to that, she was Associate Public Counsel for the Office of Public Counsel where she regularly appeared and spoke before the Florida Public Service Commission on utility and energy-related matters. She was also a senior attorney for the State of Florida’s Department of Economic Opportunity.
- State of Florida
- J.D., Barry University, 2011
- B.A. in Religion, Florida State University, 1993
- Administrative Law and Government Affairs
- Intellectual Property
- Sunshine and Public Records Law
- Utility Law
- Stafford Inn of Court
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers/Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Mentor with FSU Unconquered Scholars
- The Florida Bar Journal, “The Points of Entry for Rule Challenges Post Florida Pulp @ Paper,” July/August 2018
- The Administrative Law Section Newsletter, “Titans of Administrative Law,” June 2017