Ausley McMullen: The Employer's Solution to Workplace Issues
Why Ausley McMullen
Ausley McMullen is an employer's solution to employment law matters. Our employment attorneys understand the needs of employers and have represented both big and small businesses throughout the state of Florida. With over thirty years of experience, our attorneys are able to assist employers throughout the many phases of employment—from new hire to termination, enforcing non-compete and trade secret agreements to litigation defense, and all that's in between.
Employment Discrimination Lawsuits:
Our employment attorneys represent employers in all types of employment disputes, and have extensive experience in handling lawsuits involving claims of employment discrimination and retaliation, including gender or sex discrimination, race, color or nationality, age, or disability. As a result, our employment attorneys are very familiar with the ever-shifting standards under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Florida Civil Rights Act (FCRA), among others.
We regularly represent both public and private sector employers when a discrimination suit has been threatened or filed. We have helped employers, large and small, navigate employment discrimination allegations in a wide variety of contexts, including individual employees claiming wrongful termination or retaliation, and large discrimination class actions. Our employment law attorneys have tried dozens of cases, and can handle every part of the process, from an initial EEOC or FCHR complaint to jury trial to appeal.
Compliance, Consulting, and Best Practices:
The best defense is good preparation. Whether our client is a small business, a public company, or a state or local government body, we work to ensure our clients have concrete systems in place to ensure compliance with the many aspects of employment law, including preventing workplace discrimination and minimizing exposure in the future. If you are an employer and have concerns or just want to prevent issues relating to the following areas, please contact us to ask what we can do for you. We offer flat fee and retainer options for certain services, so that our clients can budget with certainty.
- Overtime and wage and hour
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requirements
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and requirements
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) processes and requirements
- Anti-discrimination training, including sexual harassment training as well as processes and policies to prevent gender, race, disability, age, and national origin discrimination
- Employee handbooks and manuals
- Counseling for hiring, firing, and discipline of employees, including offer letters and severance agreements
- Employment contracts, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance, and assistance with EEOC and other governmental investigations
- Preemptive audits and policy reviews
To contact us, please click on the name of any of our employment attorneys on the right side of this page to access contact information, or call the main office at (850) 224-9115 and ask to speak to any one of them.
Attorneys in this practice area