A seasoned litigator, Ken Abele represents financial institutions, medical practices, national and local companies, and individuals in a variety of business disputes as well as probate litigation.
Ken Abele is a seasoned litigator who handles litigation cases including business disputes (shareholder disputes, non-competes, breaches of contract), trusts and estates litigation, and collection matters. He is licensed in both Florida and Georgia, and regularly appears in courts in both states. His clients include a large regional bank, a number of medical practices, national companies with litigation in South Georgia or North Florida, local businesses, and both beneficiaries and fiduciaries in probate litigation matters.
- Represented member of LLC in gaining control of valuable patent rights after contentious jury trial. Product is sold nationally making millions of dollars for the client.
- Represented trustee against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation in Federal Court. Obtained summary judgment for client including recovery of attorney fees.
- Represented commercial collection creditor navigate through several complex trusts of debtor to collect several million dollars owed to creditor.
- Represented a medical practice enforce a non-compete provision against a former physician.
- Represented couple in lawsuit against hedge fund that involved bankruptcy court litigation as well as Federal district court litigation. Result was significant settlement for the clients.
- University of Florida, J.D., with honors, 1999
University of Florida, B.A., 1994
- Phi Alpha Delta
- State of Florida (1999)
- State of Georgia (2005)
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Member, Tallahassee Bar Association
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2007, 2011, 2016 & 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in General Litigation, 2009 - 2012
- Florida Super Lawyer 2017-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America - Commercial Litigation, 2024