Bob Pierce regularly advises clients on business organization formation, structuring and operation, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and estate and tax planning.
Robert Pierce is a shareholder with the firm and his practice areas include business, tax, and estate and probate law. He regularly advises clients in a wide array of business organization formation, structuring and operation, as well as in merger and acquisitions and reorganizations.
Bob has extensive experience in Florida state tax matters having been General Counsel of the Florida Department of Revenue. He represents individuals in estate and tax planning, including preparation of wills, trusts and other estate tax planning techniques. He is also involved in handling probates and administration of trusts.
Additionally, Bob has substantial experience in the health care area related to the formation, operation and negotiation of various health care relationships.
- Representing numerous physicians and health care organizations—both for profit and not for profit—in structuring, forming and operating business, including joint venture arrangements between physicians and health care organizations.
- Representing individuals in planning estates of all sizes, including development of wills, trusts and family partnerships and sophisticated estate planning techniques.
- Handling numerous merger and acquisition transactions, including the sale of multi-unit multi-state businesses.
- Handling Federal and state tax planning, formation and operation of numerous business organizations.
- The University of Georgia, Bachelor of Business Administration, with honors, 1971
- Florida State University of Law, J.D., with high honors, 1973
- University of Florida College of Law, LLM, 1976, Graduate School of Taxation
- State of Florida
- United States Tax Court
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Trend Magazine, Legal Elite 2006 and 2007 in Tax Law
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2004 and 2007
- Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Tax Law 2006 to present
- Best Lawyer “Lawyer of the Year” 2016, 2018, 2021 – Tax Law
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Beta Gamma Sigma