An adjunct professor, and frequent speaker and writer focusing on family law, Tom Schulte advises clients on dissolution of marriage, child custody, and paternity matters. He also represents clients in administrative law matters and general civil litigation.
Tom Schulte is a shareholder with Ausley McMullen and focuses his practice in the areas of family law, administrative, clemency, and general civil trial practice. Tom’s family law practice includes dissolution of marriage, child custody, and paternity matters. He represents the State of Florida in administrative matters before the Department of Administrative Hearings. Tom donates substantial amounts of time providing pro bono legal services through the Legal Aid Foundation of Tallahassee, and has served on its board for over 15 years.
Following law school, Tom served as an Assistant State Attorney for the Second Judicial Circuit in Florida prosecuting misdemeanor and felony cases.
Tom is a recipient of Martindale-Hubbell's highest "AV" rating. Tom is active in local Bar organizations and has held leadership roles with the Tallahassee Bar Association, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Legal Aid Foundation. Tom is also a member of the Tallahassee American Inns of Court (William Stafford Inn). He has lectured at Florida State University College of Law and for other legal groups on various legal topics. He is the author of a Chapter of the Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education desk reference.
- Florida State University, B.S, 1989
St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Moot Court Board
- Member of Phi Delta Phi legal honor society
- State of Florida
- Tallahassee Bar Association1997-present. Past board member.
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 1997- 2015. Served as board member
- Legal Aid Foundation. Served in various positions, including President.
- Tallahassee American Inns of Court (William Stafford Inn) (Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rating
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law (2010 to present)
- Tom has worked as an adjunct professor at Florida State University College of Law, teaching Florida Dissolution of Marriage.
- He has presented CLEs on family law matters.
- Chapter on Attorney’s Fees and Costs, in the Florida Dissolution of Marriage desk reference, published by the Florida Bar. 2010