Dylan Rivers, a commercial and administrative litigator, advises clients involving commercial disputes in state and federal court, as well as administrative matters before regulatory agencies.
Dylan Rivers is a shareholder with the firm and primarily focuses his practice in the areas of commercial and administrative litigation. He regularly advises clients in commercial disputes in state and federal court, and has experience in business torts, consumer protection claims, commercial lending and collections, real estate and construction, commercial and residential leasing matters, homeowners’ association disputes, employment claims, fraudulent transfers, and numerous other types of contract and business disputes.
Dylan is also experienced in administrative law, including bid protests, rule challenges, and other administrative and regulatory matters. Finally, Dylan represents clients in professional licensure matters before several different regulatory boards.
- Successfully defended private contractors with state agency from constitutional challenge brought by advocacy group under the “No Aid” provision (Blaine amendment) of the Florida Constitution.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of client in a case involving the alleged breaches of road construction contracts in which the damages claimed were in excess of $40 million.
- Obtained reversal of trial court judgment for inverse condemnation and trespass against electric utility client. On appeal, utility was granted a prescriptive easement, negating all claims. Plaintiff filed additional appeal to Supreme Court of Florida on the basis of conflict jurisdiction, which was rejected.
- Obtained a dismissal of a False Claims Act case brought against a hospital by a disgruntled former member of the medical staff. The dismissal was affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals when we were able to successfully argue that the appeal was untimely. The United States Supreme Court refused to consider further appeal of the case.
- Represented several companies in public procurement matters, including bid protests and similar cases.
- Represented several hospitals and health care organizations.
- General Counsel to the Florida Dental Association.
- General Counsel to the Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Florida State University, J.D., with honors, 2003
- University of Florida, B.S, with honors, 2000
- Florida Blue Key
- State of Florida
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Florida Bar – member of real estate, administrative and litigation sections
- American Bar Association
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- State of Florida Board of Architecture and Interior Design - Board Member Appointed by Governor Rick Scott in 2013
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class XXV
- The Rotary Club of Tallahassee
- Leadership Tallahassee Board of Governors (2009-2013)
- Capital Area Gator Club, Past President
- LeMoyne Arts – Board of Directors
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2011, 2015 - 2017
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite - Commercial Litigation, 2022
- E. Dylan Rivers, Regulating Regulators: Active Supervision of State Regulatory Boards in the Wake of North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners v. FTC, Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 90, No. 10 at pp. 43-47 (Dec. 2016).
Speaker, National Association of State Boards of Accountancy conference, Antitrust Law and Professional Regulation, April 26, 2022