Focusing on the construction industry, Patrick Bickford primarily assists contractors with OSHA compliance, business law, employment matters, administrative law issues, defect cases, bid protests, and complex business litigation.
Patrick Bickford is an associate at Ausley McMullen and focuses his practice primarily in the construction industry where he handles litigation, employment matters, state and federal administrative matters, construction defect cases, and any legal challenge a contractor may face. These challenges include lien foreclosure litigation, discrimination charges, unpaid wage allegations, corporate formation, state and federal bid protests, and complex business litigation.
Additionally, Patrick is well-versed in assisting employers with compliance of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and defending them from prosecution. He has worked on appeals at the various Florida District Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Represented large employers in various industries in defense of workers’ compensation claims.
- Represented two workers’ compensation insurance carriers against seven-figure claims for catastrophic injury.
- Second-chair trial counsel for a large underground excavation and utility company in defense of two OSHA Citations. Further assisted the same client with appeals to the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented industrial paper manufacturer with facilities in several states in defense of two OSHA inspections and subsequent citations, including advising on future compliance initiatives and seven-figure abatement measures to modernize facilities.
- Represented several roofing contractors in Florida insurance and licensing compliance initiatives, including applications and board appearances to qualify additional businesses.
- Represented electrical contractor in defense of six-figure breach of contract and open account claims from large material supplier.
- Assisted a roofing contractor responsible for large scale neighborhood and community development projects throughout the South-East United States with compliance with OSHA directives and the multi-employer worksite doctrine.
- Developed safety and health programs, including hazard communication and respiratory protection programs, for a manufacturer and distributor of granite and marble products.
- Assisted with licensing, product approval, and permitting considerations for a general contractor utilizing 3-D printing technology to build residential homes.
- Assisted with a roofing contractor’s compliance initiatives following legislation prohibiting certain solicitation and trade practices related to property insurance claims.
- Assisted with briefs and oral argument preparation for two appeals before United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- University of South Florida, B.S, 2014, Business Management
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Florida State University College of Law, Business Law Certificate, Highest Honors, 2017
- State of Florida (2017)
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals (2020)
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals (2020)
- Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award, Florida State University College of Law, 2017
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Construction Law, 2021
- Florida Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2022
- Law360, OSHA Virus Citation Highlights Key Compliance Challenges, October 18, 2021
- Law360, How OSHA’s 5 Cooperative Programs Can Benefit Employers, September 24, 2021
- Stormforce of Jacksonville, LLC, No. 19-0593 (O.S.H.R.C. March 8, 2021)
- Assisted with Randall Mechanical Inc., No 18-12959 (11th Cir. 2020)