Ausley McMullen: The Employer’s Solution to Workplace Issues
Ausley McMullen is an employer's solution to employment law matters. Attorneys on the Employment Law team understand the needs of employers and have represented both big and small businesses throughout the state of Florida. With over 35 years of combined experience, these attorneys can assist employers throughout the many phases of employment—from new hire to termination, enforcing non-compete and trade secret agreements to litigation defense, and everything in between.
Employment Discrimination Lawsuits
The Employment Law team represents employers in all types of employment disputes. Attorneys on the Employment Law team have extensive experience in handling lawsuits involving claims of employment discrimination and retaliation, including on the basis of gender or sex, race, color or nationality, age, or disability. As a result, they are very familiar with the ever-shifting standards under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Florida Civil Rights Act (FCRA), among others.
Attorneys on this team regularly represent both public and private sector employers when a discrimination suit has been threatened or filed. They have helped employers, large and small, navigate discrimination allegations in a wide variety of contexts, including individual employees claiming wrongful termination or retaliation, and large discrimination class actions. The employment law attorneys have litigated dozens of cases, and can handle every part of the process, from initial EEOC or FCHR complaint to jury trial to appeal.
Compliance, Consulting, and Best Practices
The best defense is good preparation. Whether the client is a small business, a public company, or a state or local government body, the Employment Law team attorneys work to ensure their clients have concrete systems in place to increase compliance with employment law, including systems designed to prevent workplace discrimination and minimize exposure to future litigation.
If you are an employer and have concerns or just want to prevent issues relating to the following areas, please contact Ausley McMullen to ask what the Employment Law team can do for you. They offer flat fee and retainer options for certain services so that their clients can budget with certainty.
The Employment Law attorneys have experience providing vigilant counsel and representation on matters including, but not limited to:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requirements
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and requirements
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) processes and requirements
- Anti-discrimination training, including sexual harassment training as well as processes and policies to prevent gender, race, disability, age, and national origin discrimination
- Employee handbooks and manuals
- Counseling for hiring, firing, and discipline of employees, including offer letters and severance agreements
- Employment contracts, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance and assistance with EEOC and other governmental investigations
- Preemptive audits and policy reviews
Deborah Stephens Minnis