A former judicial law clerk for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, Shannon Morris has a diverse litigation practice representing businesses, government, associations and individuals in a wide range of cases.
Shannon Morris is a litigation associate at Ausley McMullen where she works on a variety of cases including, but not limited to, matters involving state and federal administrative law issues, business disputes, employment law, intellectual property, health care, class actions, professional discipline and licensure proceedings, government (including public records issues), and other litigation and regulatory matters. Shannon has experience assisting individuals, associations, state governments, and businesses across a variety of industry sectors.
Prior to joining Ausley McMullen, Shannon served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable T. Kent Wetherell, II of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida. While in law school, Shannon served as an Executive Editor of the Florida State University Law Review and externed for the Honorable Mark E. Walker of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida.
Some of Shannon's experience includes assisting with the following matters:
- In regards to health care, matters have pertained to provider’s Worker’s Compensation reimbursement disputes, certificate of need, Medicare, privacy (including HIPPA-related issues), and professional discipline and licensure. She also has experience drafting health care provider consent forms.
- In regards to intellectual property, matters have involved trademark and copyright litigation.
- In regards to business disputes, matters have involved breach of contract claims, government contract disputes, arbitration, and construction law matters.
- In regards to employment law issues, matters have involved wrongful termination, breach of employment contracts, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Florida State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Order of the Coif (2020)
- Book Awards (awarded highest grade in the class): Legal Writing and Research, Florida Civil Practice, Gratuitous Transfers, Contract Drafting
Florida State University, B.S, summa cum laude, 2016
- Triple Majors in International Affairs, Political Science, and Spanish Language
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- State of Florida (2019)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (2017-current)
- The C. Roger Vinson American Inn of Court, member (2019-2021)
- William H. Stafford Inn of Court, pupil member (2017-2019)
- Kappa Alpha Theta, alumna
- The Young Lawyers Division of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, the William S. Meador Award (2021)
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite - Commercial Litigation, 2022