Kevin Forsthoefel is a shareholder with the firm, practicing in the areas of commercial litigation, with special emphasis on creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, and election law. He is licensed to practice in Florida and Georgia.
Mr. Forsthoefel’s bankruptcy experience includes representation of creditors in business and consumer reorganizations, liquidations, and adversary proceeding litigation. Mr. Forsthoefel has also served as Special Counsel to the Chapter 7 Panel Trustee.
In addition to bankruptcy, Mr. Forsthoefel has wide-ranging civil litigation experience in both state and federal court. He has served as counsel in a broad range of cases including complex commercial business disputes, personal injury claims, and government procurement disputes.
Mr. Forsthoefel also has extensive political campaign experience, serving various federal and local political committees and/or campaigns since 2008. He regularly advises clients on election law issues, including campaign finance, gift laws, and lobbying regulations. He has also served as counsel and treasurer to candidate campaigns and political committees.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
Professional & Community Involvement
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite “Up and Comer” 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 34
- Rotary Club of Tallahassee
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Legal Aid Foundation of the Tallahassee Bar, Board of Directors (President, 2019)
- Good News Outreach, Inc., Board of Directors
- Honor Flight Tallahassee, Board of Trustees
- Selective Service System, Local Board Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- “Bankruptcy Basics for Non-Bankruptcy Lawyers” – Florida General Counsels’ Luncheon (December 8, 2016)
- “Bankruptcy Topics for University General Counsels” – Florida Council of University Counsels (May 19, 2017)
- J.D., magna cum laude, Florida State College of Law, 2011
- M.S., Applied American Politics and Policy, 2008
- B.S., cum laude, Business Management, 2007
- B.S., cum laude, Political Science, 2007
- Article Selection Editor, Florida State Law Review, 2010-2011
- Order of the Coif, Florida State University, 2011
- The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.