More than just a lawyer, Kevin Forsthoefel utilizes a mix of legal acumen, business insight, and strategic know-how to represent clients as their general legal counsel.
As a shareholder with the firm, Kevin Forsthoefel assists clients in navigating a variety of legal issues and solving problems. Kevin serves as general legal counsel for healthcare entities and a utility cooperative. He also has significant experience handling commercial litigation matters, with a special emphasis on creditors’ rights in bankruptcy. He is licensed to practice in both Florida and Georgia.
Kevin’s bankruptcy experience includes representation of creditors in business and consumer reorganizations, liquidations, and adversary proceeding litigation. He has also served as Special Counsel to the Chapter 7 Panel Trustee.
In addition to bankruptcy, Kevin has wide-ranging civil litigation experience in both state and federal court. He has served as counsel in a broad range of cases including complex commercial business disputes, personal injury claims, and government procurement disputes.
Kevin also has extensive political campaign experience, serving various federal and local political committees and/or campaigns since 2008. He regularly advises clients on election law issues, including campaign finance, gift laws, and lobbying regulations. He has also served as counsel and treasurer to candidate campaigns and political committees.
- Florida State College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Florida State University, M.S., 2008, Applied American Politics and Policy
- Florida State University, B.S, cum laude, 2007, Business Management
Florida State University, B.S, cum laude, 2007, Political Science
- Article Selection Editor, Florida State Law Review, 2010-2011
- Order of the Coif, Florida State University, 2011
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Board of Directors (2023 - Present)
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 34
- Rotary Club of Tallahassee
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board of Directors (2016- 2019)
- Legal Aid Foundation of the Tallahassee Bar, Board of Directors (President, 2019) (2016-2021)
- Good News Outreach, Inc., Board of Directors (2018 – Current)
- Honor Flight Tallahassee, Board of Trustees (2019 – Current)
- Selective Service System, Local Board Member (2017 – Current)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Pro-Bono Service Award Advisory Committee, 2023 Awards
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite “Up and Comer” 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- 2022 Appointee to Chief Justice Advisory Committee for Pro Bono Service Awards
- Recipient of 2023 Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award for Second Judicial Circuit
- “Bankruptcy Basics for Non-Bankruptcy Lawyers” – Florida General Counsels’ Luncheon (December 8, 2016)
- “Bankruptcy Topics for University General Counsels” – Florida Council of University Counsels (May 19, 2017)