Magdalena Ozarowski is Of Counsel with the firm and primarily focuses her practice in the areas of civil and administrative litigation.
Magdalena "Magie" Ozarowski is Of Counsel with the firm and primarily focuses her practice in the areas of civil and administrative litigation. Magie first practiced in California, in the areas of mass tort defense and general civil litigation and, after returning to Florida, as litigation counsel for a number of State agencies, where she handled both affirmative and defensive administrative and complex civil litigation cases.
As an Assistant Attorney General at the Office of the Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) her work included investigating allegations of fraud against the Medicaid and Medicare programs, in federal and state False Claims Act actions.
After MFCU, she was the Chief Attorney for the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco and tasked with managing and litigating all civil litigation against, and arising out of, the Division. Aside from trade practice violations, the cases that she took through trial and verdict included beverage license fraud and “gray-market” slot machines distribution on Division-licensed premises.
Most recently, she worked for the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services as its Deputy General Counsel. Her significant litigation has involved recoupment of USDA Child Nutrition Programs funds, food safety enforcement actions, hemp regulation, and the misuse of federal renewal energy grant monies.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2001, History and Political Science
- State of Florida (2011)
- State of California (2006)
- Northern District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Central District of California
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers – Board Member 2015 to present; President 2019-2020
- Florida Bar 2nd Circuit Grievance Committee – January 2023 to present
- Florida Bar Wm. Reece Leadership Academy Fellow, Class IX – 2021-2022
- Legal Services of North Florida Board Member - 2022 to present
- Florida Bar Standing Committee on Professionalism - 2018 to present; Vice Chair 2021 to present
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court – Barrister Member 2016 to present, Board member 2021 to present.
- Guardian ad Litem Volunteer – 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida – 2014 to present
- Florida 2nd Circuit Pro Bono Committee member – 2022 to the present
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers - Leaders in the Law, 2020
- “When is ‘Substantial’ Substantial Enough? - MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster Ltd..” 11 Fla. J. Tech. L. Pol. 103-112 (2006)